The Hawkesbury City Eisteddfod Society holds licenses with Copyright Agencies of Australia.
- Each school, club or competitor must ensure that all music presented to be played is either:
- An original copy
- That the school holds the appropriate AMCOS and ARIA license.
- Copyright in the event where sheet music or literary works are used the following will apply:
- Competitors must have the original music or written word with them at the time of their
- Photocopies provided for the Adjudicator will be destroyed after the event by the Eisteddfod Committee. If the competitor is performing from memory the original must be handed to the Adjudicator.
- Schools may use AMCOS stamped copies in accordance with AMCOS agreement.
- CD’s must be an original, legally purchased copy of clearly endorsed with an AMCOS licence number.
- It is an infringement of copyright laws to record performances using any device (including mobile phones, IPads, etc.)
- The Hawkesbury Eisteddfod Committee will not be liable for any copyright infringement relating to the submissions of photocopies or recordings. It is the responsibility of the competitor to adhere to copyright laws.
All competitors are required to comply with the booklet “Guidelines To Copyright” available from AMCOS. These rules are in accordance with the directions of the Copyright Agencies’ of Australia.